Well, after finishing the pattern for the DSN KAL I needed something a little less brain intensive so I have started a scarf using Illusion Knitting from MagKnits. If you would like to see a picture here is the link http://www.magknits.com/Dec06/patterns/counterpoint.htm. This is will be a present for a very gifted pianist at my church. I also hope to design a scarf for her sister with musical notes on it. She spent 4-5 years teaching me to play the flute. She was a very patient teacher alas I was not one of her more talented students but I love to hear her play - absolutely exquisite. Here are a couple of pics to show how the scarf is coming along. Sorry they came out so bad but you get the idea. Now the big question is which project will be my September submission and which one my October? Sorry to say that's as far as I have been able to come up with. I've only been knitting for the last 7 years but I've tried about everything that's interested me. I was thinking about knitting something with energized singles but it would have to be something small to spin and knit all in one month. The thing with energized singles (or so I read) is that they must be spun then knit within 48 hours if you want to maintain the energized aspect. Intriguing concept to be sure.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
For my August project I decided to finally design a MutiDirectional Sock using Iris Schreier's MD method. This is something I have been thinking about doing for two years now but never got around to it. This is my first attempt at designing a pattern. I have taken pictures of the various parts of the sock design. I to be doing the full scale model for my September project. Here is the leg of the sock using triangles to transition from the ribbing to the diamonds.
The reason I love Iris' MD method is the stitches are not bound off so there is no picking up stitches and no tails to weave in at the end. This shows the detail in the gusset area of the sock which was a challenge for me to come up with a way to do MD knitting on the sides while working the bottom of the foot.
My last picture is of the final MD Round leading into the toe decreases. Well there you have it my August project completed.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
I've joined a new KAL so thought it time to update. I picked out a new theme, deleted old posts (all three of them), and finally learned a couple of ways to make it my own. So here is the 2007 debut of my blog. Let's see if I can keep this one going ; )