Monday, September 03, 2007

New Project on The Needles



Well, after finishing the pattern for the DSN KAL I needed something a little less brain intensive so I have started a scarf using Illusion Knitting from MagKnits. If you would like to see a picture here is the link http://www.magknits.com/Dec06/patterns/counterpoint.htm. This is will be a present for a very gifted pianist at my church. I also hope to design a scarf for her sister with musical notes on it. She spent 4-5 years teaching me to play the flute. She was a very patient teacher alas I was not one of her more talented students but I love to hear her play - absolutely exquisite. Here are a couple of pics to show how the scarf is coming along. Sorry they came out so bad but you get the idea. Now the big question is which project will be my September submission and which one my October? Sorry to say that's as far as I have been able to come up with. I've only been knitting for the last 7 years but I've tried about everything that's interested me. I was thinking about knitting something with energized singles but it would have to be something small to spin and knit all in one month. The thing with energized singles (or so I read) is that they must be spun then knit within 48 hours if you want to maintain the energized aspect. Intriguing concept to be sure.

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Oh, this scarf is going to be so beautiful! I've always wanted to try Illusion Knitting but somehow never dared to cast on for a project - I'm very curious to see more of this scarf! It's going to be an awesome present!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com